Along with the System settings form this form is the most important one. You can make changes when you are using the system but need to be careful about when you time those changes. Do not make changes in the middle of a billing cycle.
This form enables you to carry out the same maintenance as on the Company Control record you had to set up when first installing the software. This form, however, adds job-specific components. In particular budgetting, timesheet calculation and invoicing. If you don't use the ledgers you can ignore these.
1. Is G.S.T. to be inclusive or exclusive on invoices?
2. G.S.T. is not included in employee, plant and materials charges in the ledgers. It is added when an invoice is generated. In the case of materials GST is assumed to be included in invoice charges when directly added to an invoice.
3. The current G.S.T. percent must be entered in the "G.S.T. Percent" field in the form NN.NN. All four figures, including the decimal point, must be entered.
4. Do you provide estimates or quotes to clients? If you do enable the budget facility to obtain early warning of possible overruns. This is only required if you use the ledgers rather than entering all charges directly into invoices.
5. How many minutes are there in a chargeable unit? This is used by the Employee Timesheet report to calculate the hours worked and to convert units into hours if using the IMS Payroll export facility. You don't have to use this if all charges are entered directly into invoices. However if you use the timesheet ledger you can generate employee timesheets that include hours worked if you enter the relevant value here.
Click the Edit button to start company maintenance.