Professionals stock handling enables you to automatically select stock for replenishment.
Inventory items you want to auto replenish must be allocated to a specific supplier. If the supplier field in the inventory maintenance form is blank the item will not be included in any order.
1. In the stock management form, click Replenish stock. Select the required supplier.
2. To enable auto replenishing click Set supplier rules. All the items currently linked to the selected supplier are included on the list.
3. Select the stock item you want to set replenishment rules for.
4. Enter the value that will trigger a stock order creation - Minimum stock level.
5. Enter the Minimum order level that will appear, by default, as the number of items being ordered.
6. Click Save.
You can turn auto replenish off by unchecking the box.
You can apply a common set of rules to all items by checking the Apply to all items box then clicking Save.
Once the auto replenish parameters have been set you can generate orders for items when the level reaches, or is less than, the defined minimum stock level.
The auto replenish process can be run from the Stock Orders page of Front Counter. As follows:
Click Replenish and the following form opens:
Any open orders for the supplier are listed. If you click the Replenish button new lines are added to the selected open order for items that are due for replenishment. This means you can create an order with only a few items in it and top it up during the week to send it to the supplier at the end of the week.
To create a new order Review existing orders and close them. If no orders are listed clicking Replenish results in the creation of a new order. Once the process has been run the new order displays and may then be reviewed.
You may review the order and change ordered quantities or remove any items. To help make sure the your supplier knows who the order is from add the supplier, and your customer code, to the stock control record.
When a stock order is generated the stock inquiry page, and the inventory maintenance form, display the number of items on order. To keep this total accurate use stock orders to record order fulfillment. When you update the number provided the number on order is decreased by the number entered.