To create recurring invoices first create an invoice for the client the recurring invoice is to be for. You will need to send that invoice to the client. Recurring invoices will, initially, use that invoice to create the second invoice.
Click the Recurring invoices button.
The following form activates:
1. Select the client the invoice is for. The invoice to be used as the basis of the recurring invoices must be created first.
2. Select the client's invoice you wish to use as the recurring invoice. When the recurring invoice process is run this invoice will be "cloned". From then on the last invoice run is cloned to create the new invoice. The amount of the invoice selected displays. As does the date it was due for payment
3. Enter the description of the invoice if it differs from the original description.
4. If you wish to change the due date to another one change it.
5. Enter the date the recurring invoice is to be created. You must make sure this date is in the future.
6. When you click Save, and assuming you are creating a new invoice, the invoice schedule form activates.
Select a transaction type. Three types are available: (1) No set date - it will continue running until you delete it. (2) Set stop date. (3) Fixed number of transactions.
Select a weekly run, fortnightly, three weekly, or on which day of the month, and which months, the transaction will run.
Specify which date of month. This is based on the run being "On the 3rd day of every 2nd month", etc. The example above is set to run on the 15th day of every month, four times.
For a set finish date, or number of transactions, the relevant fields display. If you select the "No set end" option the Number of Transactions and Stop Date fields are not visible
Recurring invoices are duplicates of the one they are based on. That means if there are multiple lines in the original invoice there will be multiple lines in each recurring invoice. If you wish to change a recurring invoice's details switch to creating the next one as unbilled. You can then amend it and switch the recurring invoice settings back to creating as billed. You will need to manually bill the invoice once you have changed it. The amended invoice will be used to create the next, and subsequent, invoice(s).